This is the second post on my Fish Recipes.
Okay, so my friend asked me about Turmeric recipes this time. She knows I love curry and turmeric is one of the ingredients used to make curry and is a part of the ginger family (tinier than ginger.. this explains its yellowish color). I asked for google’s help 🙂 and found a good recipe which can be found on tablespoon’s website. 😀
- 1 pound fish (of your choice)
- 1 large broccoli
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 inches ginger
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Lemon
- salt to taste
- Cut the onions and fish into strips.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized chunks.
- Mince the garlic and ginger together to form one chunky paste.
- Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the Ginger and Garlic Paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and chili powder. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fish and broccoli. Cook until both are tender. (I’ve boiled the broccoli beforehand to make it much tender)
- Add the juice from the lemon and mix.
- Serve over mashed potato (or rice)
This is the original recipe (chicken-based)
My Version (sorry for the bad presentation >_<)
Since this is a stir-fry recipe, expect it to be dry. If you want to have more sauce, you can add chicken stock (or the broccoli stock if you’re gonna boil it) or coconut milk (which I think would make it a curry dish :D) Anyways, these were some of the suggestions from the original recipe.
Happy eating! 🙂